Here are excerpts from his latest chat where he explained how he feels about being a popular dancer and actor before going into the house, yet a relatively unknown person like Efe was able to beat him to the game. And how he feels now knowing that his strategy of philandering with Bisola and TBoss didn’t work for him.
- HOW do you feel, not winning the N25million prize money?
To be honest I went into the show without the inkling of winning the prize money. To have gotten this
far in the game, I wish I had won it. Like I said earlier, I was just looking for an opportunity to show my craft.
- What lessons have you learnt about life when you look back and reflect on all that transpired in the BBNaija house?
I would say one word; tolerance. Because of the kind of work that I do; I work with a lot of people, I should be able to manage them and understand where they are coming from. Mine is all about the work, it has to be good. So to tolerate people and know where they are coming from is very important; I learnt that.
- What would you do differently, given another opportunity?
Nothing! If I go back into the house, I would play the game same way. I’m sure when I step into the house it would be more problems (Laughs).
- Don’t you feel you over-rated yourself by thinking Efe would be evicted when, eventually, he scored the highest number of votes?
The whole truth is that we have no idea what the voting lines are like or how the rates are. We should also not forget that it’s a game and we are friends and we are also not friends, and we are allowed to nominate anybody and I choose to nominate Efe at that time.
- Tell us one embarrassing thing that a family member or friend has said to you since you left the house
Since I left the house – to be honest – I have not spoken to anyone apart from my wife and she hasn’t said anything embarrassing yet.
- What about one uplifting thing that a family member or friend has said to you since you left the house
One of the comments that I read was that they felt that I played the game the way I should have, and sticking to the whole thing of keeping my marriage private and not allowing anyone know.
- How do you feel now, knowing that your strategy of philandering with Bisola and TBoss didn’t work for you?
To correct that, I didn’t play with anyone’s emotion. I tried as much as I can to know who these ladies were. For me, I was more into Bisola based on what I would be able to learn from her as an artiste like myself. I and Tboss had no connection whatsoever because even after the house, we won’t be able to work together; she is on a different level and Bisola is also on a different level that is also my own line. So, I connected only with Bisola.
- You were a popular dancer and actor before going into the house, how come a relatively unknown person like Efe was able to beat you to the game?
I wasn’t in there to do any kind of competition with anybody. My major plan was to go out and remind people who I am and what I can offer. It has nothing to do with competing with anybody. I love my work and I love working hard. So, I had that opportunity to show people what I do and do it well. People voted based on likes but I went in there to show what I can do and that’s all that I did.
- People say any man that gets close to TBoss ends up being evicted. Do you think this was the case with you?
I don’t believe that’s what happened in my case. I did talk about it, I said the same thing but maybe she has a strong fan base and more support than anyone that has left so far. The game is still being played and she is still up for nomination this week. So we’ll see what happens.
- Do you think that you could have earned more favour from fans if you had told the truth about your marriage?
I respected myself and respected the orders from my wife not to disclose my marital status; to keep my family out of it. Also, while in the house, there’s no lie that I do like Bisola a lot and I could have taken it a step further but remembering what took me into the house in the first place; I could have led her on, could have also gotten to the part where maybe sex would have been involved. Also I tried as much as I can to protect her because I knew where I was coming from and that’s what I did. Let’s not forget that it is a game and we were all playing a game.
- Are you having problems with your marriage in any ways?
No, I’m not. (Laughs) My marriage is safe. The only thing that I’m looking forward to is kissing my wife and holding my kids.